“Enabling Tomorrow’s Solutions” is a summary of the successes SABIC achieved in many areas of our business in 2015 on the journey to a more sustainable future.
- The key highlights of SABIC’s progress and achievements in sustainability with focus around high priority topics such as resource and energy efficiency; innovation and sustainability solutions; EHSS and product safety; supply chain; human capital; and social impacts and community relationships:
- Purifying up to 500,000 metric tons of CO2 from the production of ethylene glycol every year through the world’s largest CO2 purification and utilization project. Purified CO2 is used for production of other useful products, such as urea, liquefied CO2 for the food and drink industry, and methanol.
- Reduced our Greenhouse Gas emissions intensity by 7.8 percent,energy intensity by 8.1 percent, water intensity by 11 percent, and material loss intensity by 29 percent since 2010.
- Two key innovation hubs in Asia region (Shanghai, China; Bengaluru, India) region contributed to the company’s total patent portfolio filings to a new high of 10,960 in 2015.
- Creating positive economic, environmental and social impact across product lifecycle by adding another seven products to our sustainability portfolio in Asia Pacific for Electrical & Electronics and Flexible Packaging markets, making it a total of 23 sustainability qualified products in 2015 across SABIC.
- New food packaging grades with downgauging (reduced weight & volume) and low extractables (improved health & food safety) properties through our newly launched NEXLENE™ process technology
- Named Top Employer Asia Pacific third time in row; sixth consecutive time in China, by Top Employers Institute.
Download the report here.